Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Quanrantine Diary- Days leading up to the lockdown

From mid March, I began staying at home as much as possible. I also started stocking up on supplies. From tissues to legumes, vegetables that can be frozen to cleaning supplies, I ensured I had enough for more than a month. I withdrew money from the bank and bought a large bottle isopropane, which I use to make hand sanitizer along with aloe vera, water and essential oils. When things started going south in China, I ordered three 3M face masks on Amazon and kept them for later. I advised my brother in the States to stock up too.

22/3/20 Sunday
Janata curfew - I was incredulous that it is a one day curfew. People followed it here to a large extent. Rang a bell for 10 mins at 5 p.m. to show appreciation for those working essential services. People banged plates and made a lot of noise. Good stuff! Called and told our maid that she should take a paid vacation until further notice. Makes me feel good as she lives in a really crowded, not so hygienic area close by. She knows what precautions to take.

23/3/20 Monday
Went out in mask and gloves to buy watermelon and vitamin c tablets. Couldn't think of anything else I needed to stock up on. 

24/3/20 Tuesday
Modi at 8 p.m. announces curfew for 21 days starting at 12 at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment